Counseling & Consultation
Please contact the office for details.
Phone & Web-based Therapy Available
Note: phone and web-based sessions & consultations are for New York residents only
I do not accept insurance at this time
Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance.
Please check your mental health coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have out of network mental health benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
Cash, check and major credit cards accepted
A full session fee is charged for missed appointments or cancellations with less than 48-hours notice.
I am an out-of-network provider which means I do not accept insurance directly. However, we help clients with reimbursement process by providing with a monthly receipt. Most clients are reimbursed for 60 to 80% for the cost of their sessions if they have out-of-network mental health coverage. So that there are no surprises, it is suggested that you call your insurance company to find out what your benefits are for out-of-network reimbursement. Please call the toll free number (usually found on the back of your insurance card) and speak with a plan representative. If you are coming to see me for individual therapy, inform the representative that you are planning on first accessing an Individual Initial Evaluation (CPT Code 90791) and then ongoing Individual Therapy (CPT code 90834). You are asking about, what is called, outpatient mental health services. You will tell the representative that you will be seeing Daniel Selmer, LCSW-R and I am considered an “out-of-network” provider. The following are other specific questions to ask the representative:
- Do I have mental health coverage?
- Do I have out-of-network benefits?
- Do I have a deductible?
- How much of that deductible has been met?
- Is it a calendar year or is the period calculated on a different schedule? For example, many plans for school or college employees run on a school calendar.
- What percentage will your insurance company pay for each session?
- Is this percentage based on the actual amount that the therapist bills for their services?
- What is the maximum number of sessions allowed per year?
If you decide to use your out-of-network benefits, upon request we will provide you with documentation to submit to your insurance company. Your insurance company will issue a check to you which can cover a percentage of your cost. It’s that easy! Note: One of the benefits of going out-of-network is that your records remain completely private, and are not subject to in-network disclosure requirements. Daniel A Selmer, LCSW-R Psychotherapist www.danielselmer.comConfidentiality Disclosure: This electronic message transmission contains information which is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination or distribution of this communication to other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by email or by calling 631-629-4710.