I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and NYS Psychotherapist specializing in individual and family therapy maintaining a private practice based in Melville, NY.
My private practice specializes in families, children and young adults struggling with behavioral challenges which are interfering with social, emotional and academic growth.
With over 15 years practicing psychotherapy, I can offer individuals and families a unique approach to resolving issues stemming from what I identify as “chronically inflexible” behavior. Throughout my career, I have been working with children and young adults who suffer from a wide range of neurobiological, emotional, and personality disorders. I have identified successful strategies for working with the individual and family in the home, school, and social settings. This could include working with a young adult to help them navigate a social situation, a teen when they typically struggle to clean their room, or helping guide a couple through a conversation where the effects of behaviors on the relationship are discussed.
This functional approach to therapy, includes but is not limited to Collaborative Problem Solving, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Social Thinking and other therapeutic modalities, is individualized to suit the needs and goals of the individual and the ones that care about them the most.
- Bachelors Degree from Adelphi University
- Masters Degree from The School of Social Work at Adelphi University
- NYS Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- R – Psychotherapy Privilege
- Collaborative Problem Solving
- Social Thinking
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention
- Behavior Modification
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Traditional Talk Therapy
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Member of LIPAC – Long Island Professional ADHD Consortium
- National Association of Social Workers
- Professional Member of CHADD (Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Network of Professional Social Workers